Friday, May 15, 2009

Baby-Havin class

For 2 hours for 4 Tuesdays, we have baby-havin class.
We're currently 2 down, 2 more to go.

We've learned a lot. Like that babies don't Really get delivered by the stork - although, I'm still hopeful.

THE FIRST CLASS:
Our favorite part was probably where we learned stretches to practice. My favorite by far is the squatting. It might be because I am the best squatter in class (Thank You winter camping....) ...and it really is fun. Maybe I was meant to be a frog!
We learned about relaxing, too. I'm also very good at that.... now that school is out, anyway.

THE SECOND CLASS:
My sister Amie was visiting, so she came along with us. I'm not sure if it was because of that or something else, but... Jared and I both weren't really "into" class.
We learned about the different labor stages and... as important as it is, it is also on any pregnancy/labor website/book out there. Sooo we ended up acting a bit like 7th graders ...giggling during parts where we were supposed to be "relaxing". ...oops.
It happens.

We'll behave better next week when we get to go on a hospital tour and ...i don't remember what else we were doing, i was busy passing notes....

1 comment:

Anand said...

it seems like the class could be a useful milestone-marker/structure-giver as you barrel down the last stretch. also when my mom was in doula training, instead of saying "birth canal", they said "vaginal barrel". i thought you might like that.

thinking of you all the time!!!!
lots of love!!!