Sunday, October 11, 2009

Busy Days

School has picked up to full-speed... our around-the-house projects have as well.
This is a frame project ...needs a bit more work but it is getting close - there is a pretty flower on the other side, growing out of the grass. Yaaay! ...and the Sun probably needs a smiley face. :)


On really busy mornings, jared eats things like this for breakfast:
It is better than him eating nothing I suppose!

If you haven't caught up on Ben's facebook album he is as cute as ever!!

We have story time together most nights - Luda ...well turns out he Loves reading stories, too...I mean that 70 pound guy is more on my lap than Benjamin is. What a cuddle bug.

And this is a little bit what our Sunday afternoons look like. Jared and Ben napped together for TWO full hours today. poor kids - all kinds of tired.

Someone asked me about a month ago "what is the thing about parenting that you Least expected?" I think I answered it with something... just off the top of my head like "uuuh oh geez... how much POOP there is..." But I think ...after mulling it over, I would change my answer to being "how instinctive it all is." There are a few half-hours/hours here and there where Jared and I look at one another going "what do we DO!??!?" but we figure it out and move on. Waking up at 3am became cake. Benjamin goes to bed now at 9pm and sleeps until 6-7am... Some nights getting him to sleep can be a little bit of a struggle, but he cries it out and is done in 10-15 minutes and we didn't read that anywhere, we never really even asked someone about it - it just Seemed like it might work - and it did/does....like a man on a schedule, he starts getting a Tad fussy at 8:45 and is asleep by 9...and he can't even read a clock yet!
Knowing what he is crying about is also something that ...is surprisingly easy to dissect. It is most noticeable when we are around other people watching him. As soon as he cries, many people assume/first ask "oh, is he hungry" ...he May be, but it is sometimes that he would rather stand up than be held laying down, he would rather face away from you to look around rather than... just look at you; he just wants his little Lion thinger to slobber on.
....

I think the favorite thing for both of us to do... is to get him to smile.

2 comments:

anand said...

one day, i might be able to read one of your blog posts without tearing up. but that day is probably not going to be any time soon. miss you!

Natalie said...

I love reading your 'new parent' adventures!! Parenting doesn't come with a manuel, but you get it!!